Educational perspectives in Russia
Our education guides
EASTERN PART OF RUSSIA (March 30 - April 12)
» Krasnoyarsk » Ulan-Ude » Irkutsk » Khabarovsk » Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk » Vladivostok » Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy (optional) » Magadan (optional)
Before making the decision about participation we would like briefly describe the cities to be visited:
• Krasnoyarsk is the biggest centre in Eastern Siberia of economic and cultural importance and a highly developed industrial centre of Russia. The population of the city has reached the population of 1 000 000 people. The leading sectors of the industry are metallurgy, mechanical engineering, transport engineering, chemical engineering, commerce and services. There are more than 17 000 enterprises, concerns and companies; an international airport and a river port.
• Ulan-Ude is the capital of Buryatia (an administrative republic in Russia) and has the population of 373 000 people, it's a one of the biggest cities of Siberia region in Russia. High economic results of the city have been obtained with the development of forestry industry, power engineering and mostly of gold and other minerals extraction and process industry. Also, the state project of Recreation Area on the lakeshore of Baikal is being conducted by local government and looks very attractive for further economic development of the city. We have been conducting educational fairs in Ulan-Ude for more than 7 years and we always fix the biggest number of visitors in comparison with other cities.
• Irkutsk is one of the economically important cities in Siberian region of Russia. With the population of 600 000 people it is one of the biggest cities and moreover a very important place of commercial relations with China. The most developing sectors of industry in the city are manufacturing of transports and food industry. Moreover, Irkutsk is an educational centre of Eastern Siberia with a great amount of higher educational institutions. Finally, the city is known for its vast resort area on the lakeshore of Baikal that is becoming more popular among foreign tourists. In the city we have one of the oldest representative offices of SI with a well-trained staff. The annual increase in recruited students in Irkutsk has shown a dynamic development of the office activity and a great importance of conducting an educational fair in the city.
• Khabarovsk is often called "the capital city of Far East". It has the population of 600 000 people. The most developing industries in the city and in Khabarovsk region are chemical engineering, ship building. It is also a city through which Russia gets most of products and items imported from China. There is a big international airport in the city carrying out convenient flights, for instance, to Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand via Seoul, Korea. There are more than 20 Universities in Khabarovsk. SI Khabarovsk office has been working more than 10 years. Moreover, the SI Khabarovsk office has been enlarged in staff number due to a growing number of students willing to study abroad. Traditionally, SI students from Khabarovsk sent for studies abroad assist in educational fairs sharing their great experience with potential students.
• Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is one the most important cities located on the Sakhalin Island in the Far Eastern region of Russia. The population of the city is 200 000 people. In Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk there is a Head Office of the Holding "Sakhalin Energy", the biggest company of power engineering in the Eastern part of Russia. Being a region of rich oil and gas fields, Sakhalin contains a lot of international companies involved. The SI office in Sakhalin is one of the leading offices in Russia; the staff is well-trained and much experienced in recruitment of students, in conducting SI fairs and mostly in drawing on potential clients’ attention to the event.
• Vladivostok is a port city on the Pacific coast of Russia, the main gate to Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand, Japan, South Korea and other Asian and Pacific countries and consequently it has achieved significant commercial relations with the countries named earlier. The population of the city consists of more than 1 000 000 people. The most developed industries in the city are ship building, fish and sea food industry, civil engineering. Vladivostok exports ships, sea food, ferrous metals abroad. Nowadays Vladivostok is preparing for a significant event that will take place in 2012. The city will host APEC Summit with leaders of foreign countries. Also, there is a US Visa Consulate in the city. The SI office in Vladivostok is one of the first offices founded as a representative one of SI in the Far Eastern region. Moreover, the SI office in Vladivostok is an official IELTS testing centre in Russia.
• Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy is considered as the most faraway city which is located on Kamchatka peninsula, but from economic point of view it has a great importance for Russia. The population of the city is 195 000 people. Kamchatka has got the hugest coefficient of the fish and sea food industry in Russia. it is successfully exported to Japan, South Korea and China mostly. Also Kamchatka has unique natural resorts that attract more and more tourists from all over the world.
• Magadan is a port city on the North Eastern part of Russia with the population of more than 100 000 people. The chief sectors of city industry are fishery and the gold extraction and process industry. With the help of the SI representative office in Magadan we have been conducting fairs for 3 years. The event has already proved to be very efficient on the topic of a rising number of students from the city. The staff of the office always takes an active part in SI trainings for agents and successfully recruits students for academic programs and language courses abroad.
Please, be advised that the SI staff in the cities will be responsible for the "follow-up procedure after the event". The cost of participation includes rent of exhibition venues, accommodation at hotels (single room, B&B), SI Gala Dinner in each city, airport transfers, interpreting and advertisement.
The cost for taking part in every city is (in EURO):
Please, note that the prices for the tickets are the matter of change. The exact cost of the domestic tickets will be announced at once the tickets get issued.
Please, be advised that the navigation between the cities will be carried out by plane or by train. The details with an approx cost in EURO are below:
Please, advise what cities you are going to take part in. You are more than welcome to represent your educational institution in each of the cities announced in the program of Road Show, or optionally you can choose any of the cities interesting for you on the matter of efficient recruitment. We kindly ask you to confirm your decision to join our Road Show by February 20, 2010.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and hope to see you soon.